The prescription maps are key for the implementation of variable application processes of inputs, because they reflect the management decision and allow transferring to the machinery the dose indicated for each environment or productive zone.
This tool simplifies the creation of prescriptions through a wizard, with simple and easy-to-apply steps.
The wizard is based on productivity maps, layer of environments or areas by indexes, so in order to generate prescriptions you must have some of them available in your field.
How to create a prescription map?
As we mentioned before, it starts from a base map. This map is made up of polygons that represent different productivity classes or characteristics of the field. The prescription tool uses the polygon structure to assign new attributes (such as the prescribed dose) for each class.
At the end of the process, a prescription map will be obtained with attributes of the layer (treatment, input, dose) and information for each class of the indicated dose.
Do a prescription
Inside Farm 360 platform and follow these steps to generate the prescription map:
1. In the Layers Menu located on the right of the screen, within the layer options, select the Create layer option(ícono ) and select the option “Prescription”.
2. The prescription wizard is displayed. As a first step, select the batch.
3. Then indicate the “base layer”, the map (environments, areas by index or productivity) associated with the lot on which we will carry out the prescription.
4. Indicate the treatment, input and unit. Then click “Next”.
5. Assign doses and colors of symbols for each class. A class that has already been assigned a dose is automatically populated with symbology.
In the case that we have to make a prescription of two variable operations (such as sowing and variable fertilization at sowing), it is possible to add a new prescription channel by clicking on “+ Channel”.
View a prescription map
To view the previously created map, follow these steps:
1. In the References Panel (left), click on the “Prescription” option.
2. The available layers are displayed, being able to use the search engine to find the map of interest faster.
3. Make the prescription map visible.
4. The name of the layer and the prescription map will appear on the screen.
Export a prescription map
To export the created map, follow these steps:
1. Select the layer display you want to export.
2. In the left side panel, click on the download option:
3. Select the download extension, geojson or shape file.
4. Indicate in the check boxes the attributes you want to include.
5. Click on ‘Export’.