¿Cómo podemos ayudarte?
¿What is a Benchmarking Report?
This report makes a comparison between fields based on the performance of the NDVI index during a defined analysis period of up to 180 days. The NDVI index is linked to the production of biomass
The Sentinel 2 sensor images are used to make this, taking the available, pixel-level, cloud-filtered images.
From each image, the average NDVI value per field is obtained. With the data of the available dates a time series of average NDVI for each field is created, these series are used for calculations and graphical representations in the development of the report.
This report includes:
1.A boxplot, shows five measures of descriptive position statistics, taking as data the time series of the average NDVI for each field. The minimum and maximum values of NDVI are represented at the extremes, and the dispersion of the data is displayed graphically with the 25th Percentile at the base of the box and the 75th Percentile at the top. The center line inside the box represents the median value, that is, the central value of the ordered data set
2. Dendrogram, is a visual tool that represents the average NDVI for each date, graphing its evolution over time. Likewise, the fields are arranged in a tree diagram according to their performance, allowing the identification of fields with similar behavior.
3.Graphic representation of the NDVI series by field, taking as a value the mean NDVI during each date of the analysis period.
4. Comparison between fields or NDVI Ranking, the area under the NDVI time series curve is calculated. The fields are ordered in ascending order, according to the value of the accumulated biomass.
¿What happens with images with clouds interference?
When a pixel with cloud is detected it is eliminated. If there are no valid pixels left within the field for that date it is replaced with a value obtained by interpolation considering the average NDVI values of the previous image and the next one.
¿What is the Benchmarking report used for?
The benchmarking report helps to compare the different fields of an establishment, based on a time series of NDVI values.
The boxplot graph allows to visualize the variability of the fields, in general to smaller “boxes”, more homogeneous fields and to larger “boxes”, more heterogeneous fields.
The dendrogram allows to analyze the similarity in performance and visually conclude the progress of the crop cycle.
Finally, the level of biomass production in the period analyzed in each field is compared, represented by the field’s NDVI time series.
Also, since the NDVI Ranking compares the level of biomass production, it is a good indicator to establish fields of better or worse performance, which translates into yield differences.
It is important to note that this report is useful for comparing similarly managed fields (similar crop/hybrid/planting date), if used on fields with different management, the results will not be useful for comparison between fields.
¿How is it generated?
- In the Report tool, select the Benchmarking Report.
2. Enter the name of the report, and use the crop, hybrid or variety and planting date filters to select the fields.
3. In the next step, select the time period to be analyzed.
4. In the “Created” section you will find the link to the recently created report.
From the “Created” section you will access to download the data (in .xlsx format) from the NDVI media used for the Benchmarking analysis. To start the download click on .