¿Cómo podemos ayudarte?
How to Add Fields in GeoAgro 360
Adding new fields to GeoAgro 360 is the fundamental starting point to start using the platform.
Once you create the establishment, the “fields” layer will also be generated. There is only one per Establishment / Campaign and there you can draw and/or import the fields as different elements (polygons).
In this article we show you step by step how to do it:
- Create field layer
- Draw fields (if it is the first time that loads or georeferences in a GIS system)
- Import fields (if you have them drawn in another system, you can reuse them)
Create a Fields layer
To create the Fields layer, you have to follow these simple steps:
- Click on the tool Create Layer
- Enter the name of the layer.
How to draw fields in GeoAgro 360
To draw fields you can follow these steps:
- Click on the tool Add object
- Start drawing using the Drawing and Edition tools
- Enter Field Crops and related data and finish editing
How to import fields in GeoAgro 360:
You can add new fields by importing them from a shapefile (compressed as .zip) or geojson file:
- Move to the upper right side of the screen and click on the Import tool
- In the “Import Vector Layer” box select the Fields option
- Click on the Selected file option to find the file to be imported
- Select the file you want to import
- Farm 360 will take the file you chose and allow you to select the fields you want to import. Make sure the selection is correct so that your data is loaded correctly.
- Click on Import to complete the process.
The field layer has the following structure:
|Field||Name of the field|
|Crops||You can add a crop from Add Crop in Field Information. Reference: Edit Field Information.|
|Seedtime||The date it was planted.|
|Hybrid / Variety||Hybrid or Variety of the crop.|
|Surface [ha]||Polygon area.|